As the Title suggests I am a vet, and proud of it, and proud of all those that wear the uniform of the United States of America. You name it we'll talk about it. Politics, sports and much more. However, I am also very interested in what is happening to this great country of ours, politically and socially...So SOUND OFF PRIVATE!!!

The Stars and Stripes

The Stars and Stripes
Respect Her, Defend Her, and Cherish what she stands for.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

A Flashback That Still Has Meaning Today

The following was recorded in Canada about the time that we were exiting Vietnam. With the world gloating over our stalemate (at home only, not of the battlefield) one Canadian, Gordan Sinclair, said enough and transmitted this broadcast on June 5, 1973. In the midst of our current situation I thought it would be nice to hear these words again, from someone who is not an American; but would still carry the same message and thoughts as millions of Americans have today.

Click on the link below to read the broadcast excerpt.

http://oldsgtsoldglory.blogspot.com/2006/04/flashback-that-still-has-meaning-today.html

or click here to listen to the broadcast (Real Player is required to hear the broadcast)

http://www.broadcasting-history.ca/ccf_resources/ccf_resources-bios/ccf_bio_audio/53.rm

5 comments:

MDConservative said...

Amazing, absolutely amazing. That is a far cry from the nut job "anonymous" (from Canada) that runs around on the blogs calling us “orwellian” and “naziesque.” Multiple times he has also wished for "God to send an asteroid to Kansas, the heart of our horrible christian country."

Quite a difference. Just wanted to let you know I am going to need to link this on my site.

Patriotic Sgt said...

Feel free md. I have read some of "anonymous" comments around the blogs. I actually find some of "its" comments quite amuzing, considering the source of course. Seeing as how they, it, he or she wants to remain anonymous it is hard to put a claim on whether "it" is a he or she.

MDConservative said...

"I actually find some of "its" comments quite amuzing, considering the source of course."

Me too. I get a kick. I don't know if you caught it but a long time back it declared that it was "so expensive" for him to bounce off servers from around the world to avoid our SS from getting to him. He even said that he had been beat up by them but managed to escape. He said it costs him millions and that is why he didn’t have his own blog, and he didn’t have millions more to pay for a blog (We of course reminded him that Blogger is free.), he needed to stay anonymous. He got really ticked when someone using Halo posted his IP address.

I am not making it up, but will stop because I don't want to send the post any further off subject.

ONM,
I found a report about Chernobyl, on FNC yesterday, very interesting. They still have radiation leaking and the international community has put money together to build a new sarcophagus over it. Well of course the US is the biggest contributor, $200 million. No construction has begun over the years and much of the money has been “lost.”

Why are we giving money to a country that is NOT helping us in the international arena, and has huge natural resources and would be able to pay for the work themselves? Ugh…

Patriotic Sgt said...

OMM, thanks for the kind words. I visit your site often and find it very interesting to say the least. I think I am a little lost, or maybe not awake yet, but I got a little lost reading you earlier comments, could you please elaborate a little.

md,
I understand. Use to run into them often in Chat rooms and forums. Enjoyed your latest post as well.

___________________________________

The purpose of this particular post was not to raise anyone or country above those that are helping us in Iraq. It was merely a comment that was stated a while back that carried a lot of meaning to those of us that wore the uniform around that time frame. I just thought it would be nice to hear those words again from another country, even if they were written some 33 years ago. I do sincerely appreciate all of our allies in the war on terror and for their suppport in Iraq.
___________________________________

There will be a post forth coming that I think will amuse most and really inflame others. Due to my job hours, I haven't had a lot of time lately to be on here. I try to slap a little happiness in with all the insanity going on just to keep myself from going bonkers, LOL. Again thanks for the comments.

MDConservative said...

I understand, my bringing up Russia, was in regards to their lack of force with Iran... not so much Iraq.