As the Title suggests I am a vet, and proud of it, and proud of all those that wear the uniform of the United States of America. You name it we'll talk about it. Politics, sports and much more. However, I am also very interested in what is happening to this great country of ours, politically and socially...So SOUND OFF PRIVATE!!!

The Stars and Stripes

The Stars and Stripes
Respect Her, Defend Her, and Cherish what she stands for.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Hey, My Rights Have Been Violated...Haven't they?

There must be a lot of people out there that have someting to hide. At least that is the way that it seems to appear anyway, with all the whinning going on over the NSA wiretapping. Papers have been hitting the headlines with one of the democrats favorite electionary scar tactics in hopes to secure the election in November. But what they aren't telling you is that they have been fine with the program for quite some time. Oh sure, they are running around like chicken little screaming that the sky is falling and our privacy is being invaded. Yet, when Hoover did it under Kennedy it was OK. When Clinton did it, it was OK. Now that Bush is using it as a defensive move toward terrorism, it is suddenly one of the most outrageous invasion of privacy on the books. Excuse me, but would you like a little cheese to go with that whine?

Osama Bin Laden doesn't need to strike the USA again to destroy it. That is being done from within. Within our own democratic system. Police have used this tactic for information gathering for decades. They have done stake outs and written down vehicle information to identify suspicious persons. They have tapped phones in a means to gather information as to the ties a suspect might have with other "bad people", yet that was OK, right? Now here we are fighting a war on terrorism with some of the highest technology in the world and we are worried about someone keeping a "database" on our phone calls. Like I said, there must be a lot of criminally intent people out there.

This tactic that the NSA is using is not "monitoring" your phone calls. It is simplying gathering information regarding phone numbers, not conversations. If you are calling al Queda, watch out. If you are calling grandma, whats your worry? The phone companies have been keeping phone data on Americans for years, were you worried then? For the life of me I can not understand all the whinning going on, unless you have something to hide. When I was in the military, I had a secret clearance. Therefore I was checked on a regular basis for any inproprities, or if there was something that might "pop" up on my record. As a police officer, we used spying tactics as well. We would follow suspects to gather information on their behavior, contacts, and locations where suspected illegal activities might have taken place. Now if memory serves me correct, I didn't need to get public permission to do it. As long as I was doing it in the "line of duty" and for the "protection" of the citizens to which I took an oath to protect. Isn't this the same thing that the president is doing?

Even the Justice Department has determined that the wiretaps are legal. There have been no violations of privacy. If there have been violations and there are victims out there, why haven't they come forward to present their claims? Where are the court cases? Who has been the "victims"? Who's rights have been violated? I will tell you who. The terrorists. If there were to be another attack on America like 9/11, I could assure you that there would be an outcry from the public as to why we hadn't done anything to keep it from happening. But since we haven't had another attack, we can only see it as a violation of our rights. Again, who has been violated? Please step forward and present you claim to fame. It simply amazes me that there are so many whiners out there over protecting the United States. Are these the same people that are yelling "make the [illegal] immigrants legal, by giving them citizenship ahead of those that have been using the process to become legal citizens? Oh wait a minute, that is the politicians in Washington D.C.

Think about it for a minute folks. Which would you rather have: a safe and secure country, free from terrorist strikes or a country living in fear because we didn't do anything to stop it from happening all over again? For me, if the government likes keeping a database on how many times I call my mother, or my relatives, great. Maybe I could get a copy of it so that my folks could see that I do call them, and often. So stop your whinning, get on with the things at hand to make this country better.

4 comments:

Bos'un said...

It is called Slime the President. The left leaning jackasses do not care about national security or getting the enemy, they are trying to take down President Bush and win back the controling seats. And, MSM folks like USA Today are more than willing to help. This is a rehash of a story by the MSM back in November or December with a little extra political spin on it. As BigDog said in his blog, "The whole Terrorist Surveillance Program drew fire despite the fact that the process is legal and that status has been upheld by several courts who ruled the President had inherent authority to conduct such operations..." BigDog has an eloquent way of saying it.

Check his blog out at: http://www.onebigdog.net/2006/05/12/its-the-law-again/

Old Sargent, you are doing a great job. Have a great blogging day. Respectfully, Bos'un

Lone Pony said...

I loved these statements:

"If you are calling al Queda, watch out. If you are calling grandma, whats your worry?"

For me, if the government likes keeping a database on how many times I call my mother, or my relatives, great. Maybe I could get a copy of it so that my folks could see that I do call them, and often.

Great post. Give 'em hell Sarge!

Milo said...

Because security is always better than liberty.

With all due respect, whatever happened to "Live Free or Die?"

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.