As the Title suggests I am a vet, and proud of it, and proud of all those that wear the uniform of the United States of America. You name it we'll talk about it. Politics, sports and much more. However, I am also very interested in what is happening to this great country of ours, politically and socially...So SOUND OFF PRIVATE!!!

The Stars and Stripes

The Stars and Stripes
Respect Her, Defend Her, and Cherish what she stands for.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thank You

Thank you Stillwater

I can not put into words my amazement at the kindness and generosity that the Hagerty and Drake families have experienced following the death of my husband, Major Scott Hagerty. The 100s of people who came to honor him by attending his funeral or lining the streets during the procession.

The food, cards, flowers, quilts and donations made in his name or to our children have been overwhelming, in a goodway. I have received phone calls and cards from across the entire nation. I have been especially blessed by the communities of Stillwater and Perkins and I have never been more proud to be an Oklahoman. To all the friends and family who ran errands, cared for my young children, and fielded phone calls when Scott’s family and I were overcome with grief, I can never thank you enough.

I know Scott is honored and amazed to know how his life and death affected people and brought out the best in them. My faith in humankind has been completely restored because I know that the worst in humanity that the media focuses on, is not how the large majority of people behave.

I have never been closer to my Lord and Savior — his strength, blessings and mercies have been bountiful and unending.

My special thanks to: All of the servicemen (and women) who continue to protect and defend the United States of America, Casualty Affairs Office (Ft. Sill), First Church of the Nazarene, First United Methodist Church (Stillwater), Honor Guard (Ft. Sill), BancFirst, Patriot Guard Riders, Stillwater Police Department, Stillwater Fire Department, Strode’s Funeral Home, Sunset Memorial Gardens, Ron King, Lou and Wes Watkins, Kenny and Vickie Howerton, Anthony and Holly Hart and Patty Armbruster.

Thank you all


www.sponsorthetroops. org.


Daphne, Jonathan, and Samuel Hagerty
Don and Shirley Hagerty
Mark and Kathy Hagerty
Bruce and Lynne (Hagerty) Farmer
Garry and Nina Drake

No comments: