As the Title suggests I am a vet, and proud of it, and proud of all those that wear the uniform of the United States of America. You name it we'll talk about it. Politics, sports and much more. However, I am also very interested in what is happening to this great country of ours, politically and socially...So SOUND OFF PRIVATE!!!

The Stars and Stripes

The Stars and Stripes
Respect Her, Defend Her, and Cherish what she stands for.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It Must be a Two Way Street

I have no problem with learning more about the Prophet Mohammad. I think that it would give a clearer understanding to what the Muslim teachings are all about. However, I wonder how willing the Muslim are to learn more about Christianity. Are they as willing to learn from us and then take their learnings back to the Middle East and help spread our ideology? If no, then there probably isn't much need to trying to indoctrinate those of the west. It must be a two way street. They too must come to the understanding of what our beliefs have taught us. We too come under a daily barage from the ACLU regarding the symbol of the cross on anything that might be considered governmental. From the Ten Commandments to the cross, christians face this belittling of their religon every day. Again, let them bring their religious knowledge, but let them learn as well, otherwise it will be a trip in futility and neither side will gain from the knowledge presented.

Top Muslims to press for educating West on Prophet

(Reuters)22 March 2006


MANAMA - Some 300 Muslim scholars and clerics will meet in Bahrain on Wednesday to formulate ways to educate the West about the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) after cartoons of the Prophet sparked outrage in the Muslim world.

In the first meeting of its kind since the furore over the cartoons erupted earlier this year, prominent Muslim leaders including Qatar-based Sheikh Youssef Al Qaradawi and Saudi Sheikh Salman Al Awdah are also expected to renounce violent protests in which at least 50 people were killed.

Want More - click here

1 comment:

Lone Pony said...

I'm learning about Islam, but not from Islamic sources. I'm looking at unbiased sources that I trust. I look at it this way...when I wanted to learn about snakes, I didn't ask a rattlesnake, and I sure didn't cuddle up with one.