As the Title suggests I am a vet, and proud of it, and proud of all those that wear the uniform of the United States of America. You name it we'll talk about it. Politics, sports and much more. However, I am also very interested in what is happening to this great country of ours, politically and socially...So SOUND OFF PRIVATE!!!

The Stars and Stripes

The Stars and Stripes
Respect Her, Defend Her, and Cherish what she stands for.

Monday, March 20, 2006

A Very Important Letter to the Editor

I came across this interesting "Letter to the Editor" in the Stars and Stripes today. On a day to day basis we hear from the MSM of how our troops are loosing faith in our Pressident and feel the need to come home instead of stay the fight in Iraq and Afghanistan. Air Force Capt. Reuven M. Yatrofsky I think bests sums up some personal feelings regarding President bush, the War on Terror and Cindy Sheehan.

It strikes me that this AF Captain brings forth a truth that many have said in the past on Blogs and in certain Media outlets (mostly local newsgroups) but is usually lost in just a 5 second bit in the news. Please take a moment to contemplate the words and try to feel the "feelings" being presented by Captain Yatrofsky. I know that they are echoed many times over from many in the military. Maybe those of us (civilians), that don't wear the uniform need to take a closer look at what our fighting men and women are doing and show a little more appreciation.

Where are the flags on the front porches that were there after 9/11? I fly mine proudly in support of our troops and our president. Let's bring back that feeling of unity again. After all we are Americans aren't we?

Proud to serve under Bush

Are we fighting a war on terror or aren’t we? Was it, or was it not, started by terrorists who brought war to our shores on Sept. 11, 2001? Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan, across the Potomac from our nation’s capital and in a field in Pennsylvania? Did nearly 3,000 men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or did they not?

Shall some continue to bury their heads in the sand and be blind, deaf and dumb to the truth and reason for this war? I am proud to be serving in the military, and if I die in the war, I do not want a “Cindy Sheehan” disgracing my support and love for protecting my home, family and loved ones in our America, by protesting the reason for my death. Everyone in the military had a choice to join and protect their country, or to remain a civilian and not put their life on the line for others. If they are in the military, it’s because they want to be and they knowingly pledged to fight for America and to protect her.

I am proud to serve under a commander in chief who upholds moral values and doesn’t turn and run, tail tucked, when terrorists come blasting through America’s doors. I will defend America until the day I meet my maker.


Air Force Capt. Reuven M. Yatrofsky, Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, Germany

No comments: