As the Title suggests I am a vet, and proud of it, and proud of all those that wear the uniform of the United States of America. You name it we'll talk about it. Politics, sports and much more. However, I am also very interested in what is happening to this great country of ours, politically and socially...So SOUND OFF PRIVATE!!!

The Stars and Stripes

The Stars and Stripes
Respect Her, Defend Her, and Cherish what she stands for.

Monday, April 03, 2006

McKinney Case Goes to Federal Prosecutor

Cynthia McKinney's incident with the Capital Hill Police is moving forward. The case presented to the U.S. Attorney's office came about from a recent scuffle McKinney had while trying to enter the Capital without her identifying badge. Her, McKinney's, defense is that she was touched inappropriately, and stopped simply because she was a "black congress woman". McKinney also tries to fly the childhood reasoning that if others have done it and not been stopped, why can't I.

Can you see the flip side of this as well? Let's say that Cynthia, was allowed to pass unchecked, and something happened to cause the Congress to evacuate the building. I can assure you that Cynthia would be one of the first to step up and call the security at the capital lax and make it a major issue for the security of the Congress. I feel what Cynthia is doing is simply displaying her total disregard for authority. Considering that this is not her first run in with security would tend to lend to the story that she thinks that she is a "privileged" "BLACK CONGRESS WOMAN", and therefore is not subject to procedures and policies established for the safety of the congress and visitors that go there.

Playing the "black card" is about as childish as one can get in the Congress. What it does present is that Cynthia simply can not admit that she was wrong. I guess one could go as far as to say that if I, as a white person, breaks the law or violates certain policies, and I am confronted by a black officer, I could claim racism on the part of the officer. It doesn't matter that I broke the law or violated policies. It is the fact that a black officer stopped me and detained me because I was white. Sound ridiculous? I would hope so. I know that the NAACP would be the first to step out and call it a sham. As a former law enforcement officer and having held a security supervisor's position for over nine years, I know the importance of ID Badges and enforcing policies and the law. Regardless of what a persons status is, be they a politician or be they a regular "Joe" on the street, they must be held accountable to the law. After all isn't this the main 2006 political push by the Democrats, "ACCOUNTABILITY" for the law? Crazy Politico, "America, The Divided", also has a reference to this incident on his site, and verbalizes it much better than I. Face it Cynthia, you can't have it both ways, and throwing this damn "I am Black" crap out there isn't going to cut it. Grow your arse (not the original word I was going to use, but more readable I think) up and take responsibility for your stupidity.

Want More - click here

3 comments:

Lone Pony said...

She's going down! What a total opposite to one of my favorite people, Dr. Condoleezza Rice. It has nothing to do with race. It has to do with integrity. McKinney has none and Rice has much. Thanks for the picture Sarge, it gave me a chuckle this morning.

Crazy Politico said...

Thanks for the linky love Sarge! I hope the prosecutors don't chicken out on this. Charge her with the Misdemeanor, and let her explain it to a judge.

Patriotic Sgt said...

LOVE SARGE? Gee I think I am Flattered. LOL