As the Title suggests I am a vet, and proud of it, and proud of all those that wear the uniform of the United States of America. You name it we'll talk about it. Politics, sports and much more. However, I am also very interested in what is happening to this great country of ours, politically and socially...So SOUND OFF PRIVATE!!!

The Stars and Stripes

The Stars and Stripes
Respect Her, Defend Her, and Cherish what she stands for.

Friday, May 05, 2006

A Salute To A Fellow Blogger


Today, I am going to stray away from my normal ranting and commentary on news events to prop up a fellow Blogger. Griz, at God Bless America. One does not necessarily need to serve in the armed forces of the United States to be a patriot. Griz is standing proof of this. Although Griz and I have never personally met, I visit him quite often. As I started blogging back in February, God Bless America was one of the first places that I visited.

Griz's blog is one that is informative with some of todays headliners, but at the same time he takes us away to a more simple time and place, through his pictures. From some of his various contacts with troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, he has shared some of their e-mails with those of us in the world of blogging. One story, that really made me think of "is it all words or is there a real desire to do your part", took place back in March (I believe). Griz had been communicating with a particular troop and had invited him to give him a call if he was ever in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. Well, one day Griz received a phone call from this contact and stated that he was at the airport on a layover between flights and would be leaving shortly. Griz, having received this message, jumped in his car, drove to the airport and hunted down his contact and shook his hand before he took off.

I haven't heard of many people saying that they support the troops doing this. There may be others out there that have done this as well, but Griz is the only one that has communicated this to others (that I know of). Griz has, on a consistant basis, always expressed a true support for the troops by his posting, poems from troop contacts, and his always wonderous and beauty filled pictures from north Texas.

For those of you that haven't visited Griz's site, I encourage you to do so and often. I think you will find that Griz always tries to put things in a perspective that only he can do. At the time of this posting Griz doesn't know that I am doing this "special post" in his honor. Hopefully, he will not find it offensive, or as trying to glorify him. It is just a true expression of thanks from a vet that thinks he deserves a big pat on the back, and a thank you for his true belief in our troops and their cause; and a willingness to go that "extra mile" to let them know that he is there for them. Thanks Griz. God Bless.

8 comments:

Crazy Politico said...

Griz is one of the guys I try and read as often as possible. I love his outlook, and plainspoken words.

Good profile!

Anonymous said...

You are a standup gut, Sgt. I am going to put Griz on my must read list. Thanks of the heads up.

R/
Bos'un

Bos'un said...

Hooah!

Griz said...

I am flattered. I hesitated posting the story about Tracy. It seemed a private matter. I wasn't looking for any attention. But, the more I thought about it, the more that I thought that I should say something. It was more important to get someone else to go out of their way to shake a soldiers hand than keeping what I did private. Btw, I hate my picture. But, I couldn't very well post Tracys pic and crop myself out. (although I was tempted) :)

The link to Tracys post:.

http://standbesideher.blogspot.com/2006/03/meet-tracy.html

Lone Pony said...

Very nice Sarge! LP <--salutes Griz. Griz has a way of cheering people up. He is VERY supportive. I'm glad to see others recognize that. HI GRIZ!!!

Griz said...

Hi Becky.

Patriotic Sgt said...

Sorry for not responding sooner everyone. My new work hours haven't been leaving me much time on the 'puter. Thanks cp, LP, Bos'un and Griz. As I stated in the post, it is just my way of saying thanks from a vet for your great efforts for supporting the troops. I wasn't really sure how you would receive this.

When someone does what you have been doing and shows it on the WWW, I think they deserve a little recognition. Your site is great and I enjoy visiting it as often as I can. Again, thanks for your efforts.

Griz said...

Gosh! I am embarrased. I try to do what I think everyone normally does in their lives for others. But, thank you all for your words.