As the Title suggests I am a vet, and proud of it, and proud of all those that wear the uniform of the United States of America. You name it we'll talk about it. Politics, sports and much more. However, I am also very interested in what is happening to this great country of ours, politically and socially...So SOUND OFF PRIVATE!!!

The Stars and Stripes

The Stars and Stripes
Respect Her, Defend Her, and Cherish what she stands for.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Brief take on the Immigration Issue

Just a short take on the immigration situation as of late.

Did you notice all the protest rallies or marches over the weekend and today? If you didn't you must be living in a hole in the ground. All of these "school" kids running around with the "Mexican Flag" waving proudly in the breeze. Now I may be old fashioned but, to me, it seems that if you want to become an American and want to gain support for your cause, that you should at least carry the American Flag not the Mexican flag? I mean it just seems that more Americans would or might jump on board if they saw you carrying something that represents America, the place you want to stay in.

God only knows where this issue is going or how it will end. I say that we send all the Cindy Sheehans and Alex Baldwin's to Mexico in a kind of exchange program. What ya think Hollywood? Ready for some "Foriegn Policy"? Jump on board, join the amigo train.

2 comments:

Lone Pony said...

Oh My! Now I'm LAUGHING MY A** OFF! The Amigo Train??? Good one Sarge! Thanks for making my day.

MDConservative said...

I have given up on some level of figuring out the solution to the 11-13 million already here. All I know is that I want the border CLOSED.

Once we do that let's debate what to do.

The flag issue. That really rubbed me the wrong way. I had my ideas and feelings about the general situation. I want all 11+m sent back. How do you do that? I don't know, it is unrealistic so let's find another solution. When I see you running down the street with Mexican flags, guess what. I am willing to personally drive the bus 24/7 in a circular route to eject every single illegal out. I honestly was surprised to not hear any accounts of a US flag being burned after seeing what the march turned in to.

Out of respect there are few US flags raised around Iraq. Why? We are being respectful, and even though we essentially OWN the country we don't brag about it. To think of the orders I heard banning the raising of the flag on vehicles. If we let that philosophy take hold, we will no longer have moments to honor like the Iwo Memorial in Arlington.

Sorry, kind of went off on a tangent but when I got going the two just merged in my head. The military has to "hide" US flags abroad, and here at home the Mexican flag is filling the street.

Am I the only one that feels sick about that? If you love Mexico so much, why are you here? Go fly your MEXICAN flag in MEXICO. (They certainly helped me make up my mind, but not in the direction they were aiming for.)